Tuesday 1 May 2012

Belated update

I've been meaning to do this for a while, been putting it off a bit though. Not because of laziness for once, but because i've actually been busy.

I bought a graphics tablet, a Bamboo Pen, and i've been messing around with it a bit, seeing what I can do and how it works. I got it primarily because I keep having ideas for more illustrative designs (kind of like my Kamina Squirtle tee) but I find the mouse to be a little limiting. It's my first graphics tablet, so I didn't want anything to advanced, but hopefully once I get more acquainted with the workings of the Bamboo, i'll be able to start producing more illustrative pieces with greater ease and greater variety.



Speaking of the Kamina Squirtle Tee, i'm going to be uploading an alternative design for it today. I always said that if it proved successful enough then i'd upload an alternate design of it, and since it's been pretty popular i'm finally going to get round to uploading it within the next hour.

While i'm getting the hang of the graphics tablet, i'm also working on a new design. I won't say what it is, but i will say that it's a longer term work and won't be finished anytime soon, partly because of the nature of the design, but primarily because it was a golden opportunity for me to have a proper crack at using illustrator rather than photoshop. I've made a start on it, but there's a lot to do and i'm intentionally working outside of my comfort zone so that I can learn more in the process. I'll be posting updates on it as tome goes on. All i'll say for now is that it's most similar to my Metal Gears design.

One last note, while that illustrator piece is in the works, I've come up with a new design. I haven't started on it yet, I just have the idea in my head. I may try it in illustrator as well, as a lot of what i'll have to draw for it will be relatively simple shapes. I should really be using illustrator a lot more than I am, so I guess I should just go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment