Thursday 19 July 2012

Customs can suck it

So I ordered 2 of my own t-shirts a while back. Paid for them on the 7th, & they were shipped on the 11th. According to RB, delivery normally takes between 5 - 10 days (the tees are made in the US, so that's fair enough), so I was expecting the tees to turn up around about now. Been checking the mail for the last few days only for nothing to turn up. So I went and checked the RB website again and apparently:


It's important to note that in some countries, you may need to allow an additional 4 - 5 days for your local customs, including garments and iPhone/iPod cases to the United Kingdom.


What
Why
Why is this a thing
How can it take an extra 4 or 5 days to process some t-shirts through customs
God damn it if I have to pay a customs charge as well i'll be absolutely fuming


So at the very worst they'll get here next Thursday, and if that's the case then the wait between placing the order to the receipt of the items could potentially be as long as 19 days for anyone in the UK. That's something i'll have to keep in mind for the future. Annoying I guess, but it's good to know for future reference I suppose.


Also, I'm working on a new set of tees, got two of them done already and am starting on the third. Don't know whether they'll be up by the weekend or not since i've got some things I need to do over the next few days so I won't have as much time to dedicate to it, but hopefully they'll get done & uploaded soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment